Tuesday 17 January 2012

Prelimanary CD front covers

This front cover is very simple, I used an image of the artist and cropped him to make it show his face. I put the background black and using the burn tool, I burned the top part of his hat. For the artist name and title, I used some blending options to make it look more appealing and stand out. The disadvantage of this front cover is that the original image had trees, bushes and fences in the background, making it harder to crop around the artist.
This front cover is fairly simple as the background has a repetitive 'ST' throughout the front cover. I lowered the opacity by half so we can see the artist name and title clearly. For the name of the artist I made it look look more embossed.

 

I wanted to do a small experiment by doing some adjustments to the front cover. For example, the artist name, I gave it more texture and I sillouhetted the artist.
This front cover is also simple as I got the original image of the artist and cropped around his face and added a threshold effect. For the title of the CD cover, I used to colours (red and black) to make the the front cover stand out.

Once again, I did a small experiment, I put in a wind effect on the artist to make it more appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment